Home : Energy Efficiency : 2009 - 2010 Energy Tax Credit
2009 - 2010 Energy Tax Credit
Amerimax Windows and Patio Doors are some of the most energy efficient products on the market. We believe energy conservation is not only good for homeowners, but necessary for our country's energy future.
On February 17, 2009, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was signed into law. It provides a one-time tax credit of up to $1,500 dollars for qualifying energy efficient home improvement products.
2009-2010 Energy Credit Details
- Tax credit applies to "qualified energy efficient improvements" which include exterior windows, doors, and skylights for the taxpayer's primary residence in the United States.
- Tax credit is 30% of the amount paid for the product up to a maximum of $1,500 combined for 2009 and 2010 (including other eligible items listed in the IRS Notice).
- Tax credit is for the cost of the product only and does not include installation costs. Be sure to ask for a sales receipt that shows the cost of the product only.
Steps to Receive Your Energy Tax Credit
- Purchase Amerimax windows and/or patio doors that have ratings of 0.30 or lower for both their U-Factors and SHGCs (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient).
- Purchase and install qualifying Amerimax window or patio door products between February 17, 2008 and December 31, 2010.
- Save your product purchase receipts, including all ENERGY STAR® or NFRC labels from the installed windows and doors, and keep a printed copy of the Amerimax Manufacturer's Certification Statement with your tax documents.
- Claim the Energy Tax Credit associated with your qualifying purchase on your Federal filing for the 2009 or 2010 tax year.
Learn more about the Federal Tax Credits for energy efficiency products at www.energystar.gov/taxcredits.
Learn more about IRS Information relating to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 at www.irs.gov.
Contact us to locate an authorized Amerimax dealer.
* ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
** Amerimax Building Products, Inc. does not intend to provide and is not providing legal or tax advice on this website. In addition, Amerimax representatives and authorized dealers are not tax advisors and do not give tax advice. Please consult with your own qualified tax advisor to confirm the amount of tax credit you may qualify for, and review IRS guidance prior to purchasing any window or door products.